- Medical training at the university clinic of Aachen, the academic training hospital Düren, the German heart centre Berlin, Lady Willington Hospital in Manali (India), Rheinische Landesklinik Langenfeld, Remigius hospital in Opladen and hospital Furth.
- License to practise medicine by the Federal Republic of Germany in 1984.
- April 1985 Doctorate as Dr. med. at RWTU Aachen.
- Approval as medical specialist for anaesthetic Februar 1989.
- Employment at Institut de Salud de Nino in Lima (Peru) 1993.
- Approval as chief emergency physician December 1994.
- Since Juni 2000 Head of the department of anaesthetics at the KÖ-KLINIK, Düsseldorf.
- Exclusively employed in the field of anaesthetics since 1985. About 25,000 completed anaesthetic procedures. Further special emphasis on emergency medicine and operative intensive medicine since 1985.
Member of the Association of German Anaesthesists (Vereinigung Bund Deutscher Anästhesisten)